Saturday, February 21, 2015

Setting Blogging Goals and Doing it Right

Ed Donahue CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 Via Flickr

Sometimes I swear that I am the world's worst blogger. I'm terrible at keeping up with things, fail to post often enough, bore my readers, and do little to attract an active audience to my blog. I want to do better, and I know that I'm capable of doing better, but it's difficult without having goals in mind.

This is really about "doing it right" for me. I've never been able to keep up with reading goals. I'm a completionist, and so if I run into a book that I find particularly long and can't finish, it can put me off my reading goals. 

Writing goals are easier. I've kept up with three months of daily writing before. It's possible to write a blog post every day, and it's even easier to keep up with five posts a week. This is something that I can do, but I have to set the goals small or I'll fail to begin with. So if you're reading this and you're considering following me here on my blog, expect a regular update on goals

It helps to have something to write about every day, so I'll be looking up writing prompts as well as working on keeping up with personal memes that allow me to plan what I'll post every day. These will be marked in the categories to the right to make it easier to find everything. I hope this simplifies things and that you find something here you enjoy reading and that you choose to follow.

My current goal is to write five posts a week for two weeks, beginning on Monday, February 23rd until Friday, February 27th. Weekend posts don't count toward this goal, but I will post on the weekends as long as I feel up to doing so.

I will also be posting on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus in the meantime with book updates, discussions, and more. 

If you like what you see, please follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment