Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Working on Wednesday: Goal Setting

Eneas del Troya CC BY 2.0 via Flickr

"Working on Wednesday" is my opportunity to share with you the current projects that I have going on. This means, at least in part, sharing with you the book (or books) that I'm reading, upcoming reviews, writing projects, and other things that are going on in my life. This is sort of a mid-week catch up that lets you see into my life a bit more.

This week, I'm working on several things:

Reading: I'm currently reading Crybaby Bridge by J. Weinhardt (and am nearing the finish line of this relatively short but difficult book) and The Next Always, by Nora Roberts. I sometimes try to have both a traditionally published and Indie published book on the go at the same time to fill in gaps, but I have to say that The Next Always isn't holding my interest as well as Crybaby Bridge is. We'll see how it works out in the end. Remind me to give you a comparison! My goal is to have both of these books reviewed by Saturday.

Writing: This week I'm focusing on books for my writings on Hubpages. It's difficult to get into a rhythm at first because a hub can take so long to write. The process is deeply involved and it takes considerable time and effort to find photos, video, and other media to add to the hub. Unfortunately there has been little return in the last few months, and I've been gradually losing hope. My goal for the time being is three hubs a week.

Music: I'm still practicing "Together" by David Erick Ramos on the ocarina. The sheet music is available here and I've been enjoying learning this song. I'll include the YouTube video at the end of this post so that you can watch and listen to the official music video. It's a great song and I'm close to having it memorized, so will be looking for something new to learn. I'd love to find some sheet music for Saria's song, so if anybody has a link, I'd appreciate it. Note that I need sheet music, not tabs or fingering tabs!

Sims 4: I don't have anything going on here right now at all, which is disappointing. I'd like to have experimented with all skills and careers before the expansion downloads in April. It's already pre-ordered. Unfortunately I've lost the Photoshop actions that make it easy to put out excellent Sims pictures, so it's going to be uphill from here, I'm afraid.

Gaming: I'm picking at Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box this week. This is also going slow because I put the game down so long ago that it's taking time to get back into the story. This particular game is more wrapped up in story line than its predecessor and I'm finding it slow going to get from one puzzle to the next one. I'll still likely finish the series, and will probably write a review of the game on Hubpages.

What are you working on this week? Do you have any special projects on the go that you'd like to share? I'd love to hear about what you're doing, so feel free to leave me something in the comments!

Hopefully I'll have the first book review up on this blog within the next two days. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment